As ban-the-box continues to spread like wildfire at the state, county and city levels, it’s important that employers are compliant with more than just removing the criminal question box from employment applications. This program provides a quick refresher to help you ensure that your company is meeting its legal requirements in an ever-changing legal climate.
Join legal experts Pamela Devata and Jennifer Mora, of Seyfarth Shaw, to learn:
- Job advertisement and notice posting requirements;
- When you can inquire about criminal history or order a criminal history background check report;
- Individual assessment requirements and best practices;
- Pre-adverse and adverse action requirements above and beyond FCRA requirements;
- Considerations when criminal history is obtained from sources other than a background check report; and
- Lessons learned from cities and other key regulators.