as of September 27, 2019
The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, and we want you to use SOURCE EXPLORER products secure in the knowledge that we take your privacy seriously and that we’ve implemented fair and ethical information practices. This policy explains what we will do with your personal information.
B. Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our website;
- information that you enter when you create a profile on our website—for example, your name, job title, and employment details;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the services on our website;
- information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to us.
C. How We Use Information
We use your data for the following purposes:
- provide you with access to the content and services we provide;
- analyze demographic or behavioral data to improve or personalize the products we offer to you;
- provide you with more relevant advertising content;
- post your user generated content and comments to the site as you request;
- to respond to any emails or requests you directly make to us;
- for our own marketing and retargeting purposes;
- for our statistical, research, recordkeeping, and reporting purposes;
- to monitor our products for compliance and to protect the security of our network;
- to comply with the law.
We will not use the information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above.
D. Disclosing Personal Information
We may share information collected about you under the following conditions:
- This includes cases where we share your personal data with one of our advertisers or supplier partners. For example, when you register for a webinar, download a work sample provided by a partner, or view a supplier partner’s profile. In these instances, the data you share may be transferred to the third party;
- To third party service providers helping us provide, improve, and market SOURCE EXPLORER’s products and services. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Our email service provider which we use to send our newsletter
- Our webinar provider which collects registration information and hosts online presentations
- Online analytic tools such as Google Analytics and HotJar which provide analytics about website usage
- With government entities as needed where required by law;
- As part of an acquisition or merger with another company, a partial or total sale of assets, or another corporate change, including at bankruptcy;
- To respond to or resolve problems or inquiries (including law enforcement or legal requests) or protect, enforce, or defend our rights, assets and/or interests;
- To prevent or respond to a violation of any law, regulation, or our Terms of Service, or as necessary to protect and defend our network security.
E. Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you maintain an account or as otherwise necessary to provide you the Services. We will also retain your Personal Data in a secure backup system for a reasonable period of time in order to assure reliable service and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our network security, and enforce our agreements.
Where permissible, we will also delete your Personal Data upon your request.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
G. Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
H. Online Advertising Partners
We will not provide these online advertisers with access to any personally identifiable information you may have provided to us without your consent. Advertisers may, however, use persistent identifiers to track your internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond our websites. While we will not provide these advertisers with personally identifiable information, they may already possess personally identifiable information about you, obtained from other sources, and may be able to combine that information with information behavioral data collected when you use SOURCE EXPLORER products. For example, whether you engaged with their advertisement when it was displayed.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies, how they may be used, or the information they may collect, and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of those third parties.
Our Properties are not intended for children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16.
We take reasonable measures to help protect data we collect from unauthorized access and use. We cannot, however, fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Data.
L. Contact Us
at: [email protected] or write to us at:
1120 South Freeway Ste. 123A
Fort Worth, TX 76104